Transcripts from closed schools
U.S. Department of Education

Transcripts from closed schools

How do I obtain a copy of my transcript from a college that is closed?

When schools close, the generally accepted practice is for the school to make arrangements with the state-licensing agency to store their records. 

If you are trying to locate your academic records from a closed school, you should contact the state licensing agency in the state in which the school was located to ask whether the state made arrangements to store the records. Information about financial aid and closed schools is also available.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-667
  • Date Created: 12/31/2012
  • Last Modified Since: 12/21/2017
  • Viewed: 162816

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский