Professional and Occupational Licensing
U.S. Department of Education

Professional and Occupational Licensing

How do I obtain my professional or occupational license (nursing, social work, accountant, contractor etc.)?

State licensing and regulatory boards are responsible for licensing and regulating most professions. For more information, please contact the appropriate state agency. The state labor authorities can inform you on whether further certifications are needed for your profession.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-653
  • Date Created: 12/31/2012
  • Last Modified Since: 01/18/2017
  • Viewed: 2010

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский