Vocational rehabilitation complaint
U.S. Department of Education

Vocational rehabilitation complaint

How can I file a complaint or appeal about Vocational Rehabilitation services?

Although the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) of the U.S. Department of Education administers the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program in each state, its authority to intervene in individual cases is limited.  However, one of its primary roles is to ensure that individuals with disabilities have the opportunity to exercise their rights to due process when they believe their rights have been violated.  The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, establishes an appeals process for individuals who are dissatisfied with the services that VR is or is not providing.  The Act gives individuals the right to pursue mediation as a means of resolving the complaint against the agency.  The Act also establishes a formal hearing process and a judicial review process for individuals.  You may utilize any or all of these methods of appeal in order to resolve your concerns.
The Act also establishes the Client Assistance Program (CAP) to provide assistance and advocacy.  CAP services help clients or client applicants pursue concerns they have with programs funded under the Rehabilitation Act.  Please contact your state's CAP or your appropriate state liaison within RSA.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-605
  • Date Created: 12/31/2012
  • Last Modified Since: 09/21/2016
  • Viewed: 3674

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский