Credentials from another country
U.S. Department of Education

Credentials from another country

I attended school in another country.  How do I get my credentials evaluated?

Degree, diploma, and credit recognition are not performed or regulated by the federal government. Recognition is not usually done by state or local governments either. In many cases, this work is done by private credential evaluation services, and the resulting evaluations are usually recognized as valid. To learn more about the Department's role and for more information, visit the U.S. Network for Education Information web site. Some institutions might request that you use a specific service provider to evaluate your credentials so you may wish to contact your school or employer directly to begin, if not the following are resources that may assist you with locating evaluation services:

Note: Neither the U.S. Department of Education nor USNEI endorses or recommends any individual credential evaluation service.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-589
  • Date Created: 12/31/2012
  • Last Modified Since: 01/18/2017
  • Viewed: 3548

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский