Alternatives to high school level education
U.S. Department of Education

Alternatives to high school level education

Can I take an exam to receive a diploma or certificate?

You may contact your State Adult Education Agency if you would like to receive the equivalent of a high school diploma or certificate and, subsequently, to gain employment or begin postsecondary education or training. This state agency will provide you with information about the exam that meets the guidelines established by the state and assist you in locating a testing site. Additionally, the state can assist you with locating a record of exam results that were taken in the past.

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-1088
  • Date Created: 04/29/2016
  • Last Modified Since: 01/18/2017
  • Viewed: 915

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский