How do I file a discrimination complaint?
U.S. Department of Education

How do I file a discrimination complaint?

How do I file a discrimination complaint? 

You may contact an OCR enforcement office to obtain a complaint form or you may file a discrimination complaint by using the on-line complaint form.

You should let us know which school, college or other institution you are complaining about, the person(s) who has been discriminated against, when the discrimination occurred, and you should sign and date the letter and let us know how we can reach you by phone and letter so that we can contact you. If filing on-line, you will still need to provide an original signature by mail, which may be done by printing and mailing a "Consent Form" linked from the bottom of the on-line complaint form.

For more information on the complaint process go to:

Topic Information
  • Topic #: 28022-1012
  • Date Created: 02/03/2014
  • Last Modified Since: 09/23/2016
  • Viewed: 1598

Notice of Language Assistance: English  |  español  |  中文: 繁體版  |  Việt-ngữ  |  한국어  |  Tagalog  |  Русский